In an interview with Accra-based Joy FM, Gyan denied reports of a rift between him and Dede, who is the deputy captain of the team. He said he and Dede relate well to each other whenever they are on national assignment. He said although they do not hang together after camping, they crack jokes and have fun each time they are together.
"Andre has got his own friends after camping… when I see Andre Ayew we talk like normal friends, you know... I've also got my entourage I move around with everywhere I go. "I cannot call Andre and say 'Andre, let's go to the bar or let's go here'. He's also got his people, but when we are in the camp, we are team mates, we share ideas together, we crack jokes together. It doesn't mean that after the camping we have to do everything together," he said.
Andre "Dede" Ayew In another interview on the Delay Show, Gyan touched on the armband controversy that ensued during the Blacks Stars' last match against Ethiopia. He said he informed Dede of his decision to wear a customised armband during the match.
The Black Stars captain said he told Dede to keep a regular armband on him that he could use in the event that he (Gyan) was substituted. He stressed that reports of a rivalry or beef between he and Dede were creations of the media.



No comments:
Post a Comment